8.14.2010

Nicodrina's 24 Recaps: Day 8 / Hour 24




The final hour, the final recap...I never thought this moment would come, but...in all sadness it's time to get the show on the road.

An observation first: I'm impressed that, for the first time that I can remember (other than season premieres) there's no previously.

First, we have Jack Bauer. When we left it off, he was aiming a rifle with a satisfying smirk at Logan's skull to get Suvarov to where he's at and that way shoot him. The man's also got Chloe as a hostage, who is still trying to talk sense into him that he won't get anything good out of starting a war in Renee's name, but he won't change. That leads to a tense Jack&Chloe stand-off because he wants her to shoot him and she refuses, being his friend. And all it took was for Cole get her voicemail. Poor Jack, he didn't deserve that to happen to him.

Speaking of Chloe, she manages to get her hands on the data card and to conceal it where nobody would even think of looking, but Mr. Pillar isn't satisfied with her sincere answer and searches her. And all he got was a sarcastic response...If only he had quit it, but he didn't and seized the card as the information was being transmitted. Crap, and when we expect a happy ending here.

But you know, Mr. Pillar? If you do wrong, you'll get paid with the same token. First, Jack becomes a vampire by biting his ear off and then Logan invited him for a drink to celebrate, and he ended up dead. Logan's fate remains a mystery, but since we heard a gunshot...lalalala, go figure. I hope it is what I've been wanting for a long time now.

On the other hand, we have everything related to the treaty part. The three people aren't so friendly when the moment comes, and Suvarov and Hassan sign...but as Taylor took out the pen, something really deep inside of her clicked (Could it be that video Jack recorded earlier had an impact on her??) and she backed out at the last minute. It's kinda ridiculous in some way, if you ask me. Because she was all season whining about it and doing the unthinkable to preserve it, and now she thinks it's the right thing to admit her mistakes and turn herself in?? Uh, that still doesn't make me like her =/.

Even though she tried to warn Jack, the best of this episode was in the final minutes, in which I cried. I guess that was when realization that this is the end of the series hits the fan. A bloody and injured Jack is brought to an alley or something like that to be executed. Bauer looks looks like he's lost all faith and assumes his time has come, he is saved at the last minute by a call from the President. She admits she'll turn herself in, and that Jack should disappear since it'll be the best for him. Hey, at least it isn't the obvious finale of Jack dying.

The last scene of the series takes place at CTU with Chloe, Arlo and Cole. Bauer will follow the advice given to him and asks his lifelong friend for two things: Time and protection for Kim and her family. She promises they'll be fine, and the image of Jack running is looked over in a screen. It's time to start over, another day as if nothing had happened.

"Shut it down"...the image fades and the clock counts backward to get to zero. The series has ended, and the clock has stopped.

My opinion is that it wasn't what I expected at parts, but some plots were tied as Jack's situation is now left to the fan's imagination.

I'll try starting to recap seasons 1 through 7...as soon as I get my Day 1 boxset back and college allows time.

Thanks, and I hope you enjoyed these.

Nicodrina

Photo Credit: 24spoilers.com

No comments: