8.14.2010

Nicodrina's 24 Recaps: Day 8 / Hour 22






Here's another recap, ladies and gents. If all goes well, we'll be done today.
To start season 1, that'll have to wait for a while. I lent my discs to a friend, so as soon as I have them back and time...we'll be just fine :)

Let's get this show on the road...shall we??



Jack has lost it, ladies and gents. Since the cliffhanger of the previous hour, he wants to get his hands on Logan (even though he IS a wanted man) with the help of James Ricker (his outside contact). And he's going ALL THE WAY (I mean, c'mon. He looked quite creepy in that armor suit). But one has to try to understand he wants to expose this thing and make justice. For that there's no limits in Bauer's universe, and his confrontation with the former President reminded him of Season 5 finale. Bauer's hurt, but that won't stop him to continue higher up the chain. That, and the fact that it's the universe against him. Who will win?

Logan...Oh, well. He has delivered the hour's most enjoyable moment. Seeing his panicked face when knowing the person behind the ambush was Bauer, who came for his head. I couldn't help but laugh, man! Karma's a bitch: Do bad deeds and bad things will come to you. When Jack faced him about the conspiracy, one has the benefit of the doubt whether he's being truthful or lying just to save his ass. For a second, I REALLY thought Bauer was going to execute him. THAT would've been sweet! But no, he's just knocked unconscious and is taken away, but not before Pillar puts him up to speed with the latest developments. And again, a season 5 reminensce. As Charles is speaking with Mr. Suvarov, he's unaware there's a bug in him through which Jack can hear everything. Pretty clever.

Taylor is running out of allies and is putting her presidency on jeopardy with her actions, if you ask me. Kanin's resigned and Logan's role of public knowledge. The viewer can see that she's devoting every resource to make the peace agreement work (off topic: What relevance do the Hassan family at this point? I mean, the only thing worth mentioning was when Kayla got the call from Reed...I suggest they are brought back only when the signing takes place). And, as hours pass you can see that she's being used as a puppet by Logan. She is leaving her principles behind as she buys every word that man says, and I have the feeling that, at the end of the day, all this will catch up to her and she'll be alone and out of office...Cherry Jones' acting is great, but to be honest...I used to like President Taylor, but not anymore. Thanks to this manipulation, she looks like she's lost power and that makes you lose credibility on her as well...A lost case. Tim Woods, who at this point, I think is starting to notice it and take distance. Time will tell I'm right.

CTU is divided in two groups, and what I'm enjoying the most is seeing Arlo put to good use next to Chloe (who, I believe, has suffered a big transformation since she's acting CTU director and is more of a tough person...except when the Jack topic is brought up. After all, she's got his back all these years and wants him to stand down in order no one gets hurt). It's all a matter of looking at O'Brian's face when she's informed Jack kidnapped Logan. But to find Bauer, they have to find Ricker too. The other group is Pillar and that woman he's with (WHAT'S HER ROLE???) who are on the go (Pillar was on the field, and was the one that found Logan), but Chloe and Arlo keep tabs on them, allowing more information. Cole (who has been temporarily released) will be the one in charge of finding Ricker. I feel sorry for Ortiz, though. He's really been through a rough day, and I think he should consider a career change after today, lol.

Speaking about Meredith Reed, Jack has already handed her the evidence and immediately, the woman has drawn a mobile bullseye on her back. Her survival skills are slim to none on her own. She has arranged a meeting with her editor, but that is frustrated since the FBI got ahead. Hahahaha, they're onto her. She's doomed. As I mentioned above, she decides to go straight to the source and calls Hassan's daughter (who has every right to hate her. I mean, she was her father's mistress) to rely the information...right before she's taken by the FBI and the evidence is seized. She is done!

And last, but certainly not least, there's the russians, who are in the higher part of the conspiratory chain. With the information at hand, Jack goes to get his hands on Novakovic (who, according to Logan, is the one behind it all), a lot of deaths included....but there is a catch. Bauer has been injured. But that's no handicap...The way Novakovic died was quite creepy, and everyone else is....except for a bodyguard. But if you think it stopped there....NO WAY!! This goes all the way up to President Suvarov!! OMG!

Another action-packed hour with an unexpected conclussion...The clock keeps on ticking!

Till next recap, folks

Nicodrina

Photo Credit: 24spoilers.com

No comments: