
So, I finally continue reviewing discs that marked the previous year. But this one is SO bound to become a life favorite.
It's gonna be a simple thing, because from the first time you get to listen to this CD will agree with the fact that it speaks by itself. And it will move you even more when you learn Melody Gardot's story (she was in a terrible accident, and used music as a way of healing. I recommend also the EP 'Some Lessons' and her first CD 'Worrisome Heart').
From start to finish, this disc is flawless. Her voice immediately captivates you because it's soft, sexy and reminds you of older jazz singers. The arrangements of the music mix strings, piano and even a bossa flavor in her rendition of the classic 'Over the Rainbow'. If you have the chance of watching the video for the song 'Baby I'm a Fool', it's so simple and classy: The dancers, black and white fashion and Melody in the tub. Neither of the tracks disappoint, and it'll sure be an everlasting relationship with her.
Melody Gardot is perfect: Her voice, her style, the music. I stronly encourage you to get to know her works, and if you're lucky enough, see her live in concert. This is a 10 CD, and I'm eagerly expecting for new material for her.
And for me, what's damn good about all this is the fact that this disc has served as inspiration whenever writing stories, especially '24:Humans on Edge'
Oh, and I apologize for how late this is coming out. But I will put reviews, rest assured.
Nicodrina
No comments:
Post a Comment