
So...I owed this one too, since I passed the half-season mark. This is gonna be bittersweet, since it's the final season of the series (found out about that yesterday, and it blows). The day after the ending, I promise post, and that little by little I will recap all previous seasons, from 1 to 7 (Redemption included).
But anyways, season 8...It started off slowly, with Jack fooling death again, and living a nice, peaceful life with his daughter and granddaughter. When he is found by a source regarding an assassination that involves a foreign president. Known thing that he won't get off so easily. Taylor's still in office, trying to achieve THE fact that will determine her administration (peace treaty), and CTU is back. But it's not the same, sorry. I didn't have much sympathy for either of them, and the lamest subplots came from here (Dana). None of them still grow on me, except Cole, and only because he and Bauer make a good team.
There has been things that we've seen in other seasons. For example, baddies chain, inside mole, CTU being hit, incompetent players, Jack being beat/tortured, and the list goes on. There's new faces, and returning ones with several changes. But...it has been going up. This season has absolutely been above my expectations, and I hope that the balance the writers have managed to reach with the change of city to NYC and balance drama (seeing Bauer in a more human position) with kick-ass action sequences.
So simply...I'll give it 8 out of 10. Now all there's left to do is to wait what the second half would bring. Although deep down, I don't want to...because it'll be the end.
Nicodrina
No comments:
Post a Comment