3.21.2010

Chic du Press / Volume 1

Hey, guys!

Starting off a new section here, consider it a weekly therapy after my Informative Journalism class, in which you'll hear a LOT of rants and frustrations...and the reason why this is delayed so much.

Here's our first try: March 16th.

Nicodrina

Ever since I heard I was going to have Informative Journalism this semester, I feared for my life. No, seriously. All based on things people from the other section and guys from fourth year. Head chopper, and it would cause TONS of stress. Sadly, that was the first class I had this semester :(

My first reporting job was on second week, with the assistant. First, we were subjected to a quiz on current affairs, that closely resembled what happens in the real world, since they're conditioning us to what it's like in the media. Don't ask me how, but I survived that (actually, I had read the news ten minutes before. Uh!) before we were given our assignment du jour in groups of four that will change every week: We have to learn to work with everyone. Great *eye roll*.

We were shipped out to Estacion Central to cover an activity of the Secretary of Education in a school there. That was at 10:30, and it was 9:30, so we left fast and, even though there were bumps along the way, we made it ten minutes late, but right on time to cover the activity. My ego went up for a second when he greeted me and I shook his hand. Like...'wow, I'm important'. We got in the middle of the conference and got a good story. That was the easy part, because at noon we got to college and started making calls to find two other sources as part of the requirements asked (among other things I won't discuss now) and stress levels went to the roof. We had for everyone one room where we could write and work our chronicles before the 5:40 PM deadline. While transcribing audio I started to feel like crap, and I left the room ocassionally for specific things (toilet/food). Chances of crashing and burning on the first assignments are high, so I don't expect much, and seriously...the guy's crazy (I'm still freaking out, but when we have to propose our own ideas...ow!!!!!!).

Anyways, I think I did a decent job, regardless of the running, formalwear, my old tape recorder dying and printing problems (I bought a new digital one yesterday, btw). After delivering it in the faculty (running included), I crashed at home and couldn't even get up the next morning. Here's hoping the grades is a 4, if not a 3.
Please, that next week there isn't reporting!! That would give me time to rest it out and be more prepared :)

In a nutshell...that was it this week

No comments: