4.09.2010

Nicodrina's 24 Recaps: Day 8/ Hour 14



Sorry for the delay, but now it's the first moment of the day I have to start catching up and recapping episodes. Without further ado, let's get this show on the road, shall we??

This episode just proves that the plot this season is just getting better and better. Of course, they have to finish with a 'bang' and not disappoint fans. Besides, just thinking about it makes it bittersweet.

Let me start in (what I believe) was this hour's strongest point: The government bit. Taylor's now with his staff in an Air Force base in New Jersey at risk of a radiological attack. She tells Jack to be the person in charge of evactuating President Hassan and his family, that are still in the U.N. I was impressed with how she acted when faced with the terrorist demands: If they don't hand over Hassan in the next hour, they will use the rods as weapon. The tension rises when Rob Weiss starts arguing with Ethan Kanin (welcome back, Ethan) on what to do. Things get even worse when we find some members of her administration turned their backs on the President. Ethan finds out about this and faces them...but ends up having a heart attack! For a second, I thought that Weiss was going to change his mind after that, but he's being convinced by this other guy that history would be on their side by doing what they're about to do is right, that he drags and hides Kanin in his office. I'm wondering how long it will take for suspicions to rise and for us to find out the extents of this conspiracy.

Connected to this, let's talk about Jack. After having a little health issue last hour, the President confides him this mission. Renee says she's going with him and offers the best line of the hour: "I'm coming with you. End of discussion" Ha! Isn't she awesome? :). So together they head there, and Jack meets with Omar Hassan to explain him the situation. He replies that the family is ready, and that in ten minutes they will start the evacuation. Hassan is now aware of the demands of the terrorists, and considers the option, much to the dismay of his wife and daughter. They're working with Secret Service and Hassan's guards from his country...when chaos ensues! That scene was kick-ass. Full-on confrontation! Shoot-outs, granades, Jack and Renee trying to protect them. And of course, Jack catches one of these masked assailants and finds out it's American!! :O

Now let's jump onto CTU, where Brian Hastings had the strongest acting in this front. I mean it, when he was giving that speech to the staff was powerful. (And let me also add when he tells President Taylor that he can no longer guarantee the safety of Manhattan. Epic shit). They all are trying to locate the rods (that are already in the city), and Dana...well, is trying hard not to get caught as she assists these guys. I have a feeling she will, and soon!! And speaking of these, they really mean business. The rods are ready to be used when they still haven't met an answer about Hassan...and Tariq will be the martyr du jour (although based by what I saw when activating the 15-minute countdown, he had second thoughts). It's all a matter of seeing what's up now.

The clock keeps on ticking, now off to the double episode!! Till next recap!

Nicodrina

Photo Credit: FOX Official Site / 24spoilers.com

No comments: