


I have nothing to say...I still feel the same thing I did when watching it the first time. Let's just get the show on the road.
This episode was like 'the ladies' hour, part two', because it was the women of the show who had all the action this week.
Of course, we're going to start with the one and only, Renee Walker. I am still angered at the writers for doing what they did with her, because it is in this episode when she and Jack Bauer finally get it on!! That kiss was just...ooh lala :) (and they made me win a bet) They really love each othet so much, and passion could be felt there. But remember: Any woman who manages to get in intimate proximity with Jack ends dead or in trouble.
And from the second she identified that man from her undercover days...this was not going to have a happy ending. So she gets shot by this guy, who has dealings with someone involved in the peace agreement (non-american. The name is Novakovich)...Poor Walker couldn't save herself, and Jack is devastated when he hears the news. I swear...I still want to cry when I see the man kissing her head and the silent clock. Oh hell no, they didn't! Renee was simply kick-ass. Smart, beautiful, and deathly. She and Jack made a perfect match...Too bad they killed her off, but as they say, this is going to fuel Jack's thirst for revenge. All that there is left to say is: LONG LIVE RENEE WALKER, DAMNIT!! Annie deserves an Emmy, don't you think?
As we have said, there wasn't much more with Jack. He felt so guilty when having to tell President Taylor about Hassan's fate. So he feels that has been more than what he had to do, so he's ready to go home and just rest after what has been a long day. He informs Cole of this choice and leaves with Renee to his apartment in a cab (they don't know they're being followed by the dude who would shatter his happiness). They kiss and you can really see Kiefer Sutherland delivering an emmy-worthy performance, going from his joy when he's with Renee on the bed to where, with bloody shirt and all, faces the fact that she is dead...Fear, people. Now Bauer isn't fooling around.
At CTU, things have changed with a surprise twist. As you remember in the past hour, Dana Walsh has been arrested, and, at a moment, Chloe O'Brian gets a call from Tim Woods informing her that she is going to be the head of CTU in replacement of Brian Hastings. When she has to go upstairs to inform him, looks like he knows his time has come, reflects on his actions. For some reason, I feel sympathy for him (even though at the start of the season I hated him) as he said goodbye to his staff. Of course, O'Brian is faced with crisis immediately when Cole informs him that the suspect they had at medical is dead. LOL, he's shocked when she tells him about who's in charge (to be honest, I was surprised too. Can't wait to see how she unfolds). Also, she calls Renee and is she who tells O'Brian about the guy she identified earlier (the 'paramedic'). Another reason why she's awesome. I love MLR.
And finally, there's President Taylor, who is really tense because the death of Hassan kills all possibilities of going ahead with the peace treaty. She tells Jack he doesn't have to feel guilty, but that the effort she has been putting on this has died. Of course, she has to go to his widow to offer condolences and tells Dahlia she is the natural successor of her husband's legacy. At first, she is reluctant, but decides to go ahead and do it. This causes to have a confrontation with her daughter, but she explains it's for the better.
Also worthy of mention here is the fact that Ethan Kanin is back after suffering heart complications (Taylor was REALLY happy to see him. I insist they have something there), and the comeback of a character you love to hate: Charles Logan! Yes, he is back to help President Taylor get the Russians on board for the peace agreement. As much as he says he's got the best intentions...it's Logan. Something fishy's going on there.
Shocking hour, what can I say? The clock is ticking, bring on the next hour!
Nicodrina
Photo Credit: FOX Official Site / 24spoilers.com
No comments:
Post a Comment