10.29.2008

Newspaper Visit



So, on monday we went to 'El Mercurio' (that is the biggest newspaper in Chile). If I hadn't had this visit on the first place, I would've slept most of the day and just showed up to Contemporary Chile at 4. But it was mandatory, too. Oh, well...

Another getting up early (c'mon, the body needs some serious rest!) and taking a bus from home to get there. Thought I was gonna get loss, but didn't. Left me outside the newspaper building, and wasn't the first to arrive. Guided visit started on time, and first off, I gotta say the entire thing is HUGE! There's fountains, many buildings and green areas :). The building we were in had many sectors: First, the journalists' place. It's like in the movies: lots of cubicles and not much people around. The activity came later in the day, and on that hour, the people were out reporting or resting after a hard work's day. We also saw the printing process (huge machines and a LOT of noise that resulted in a big headache), the magazine section and other things. Pretty fun...

Afterwards, we were given the instructions for next monday, and I headed home. Was gonna take a bus and waiting for the green light to cross, some friends offer me a ride. (Actually, girls: It wasn't standing with a pity face waiting for a ride, it was WAITING FOR THE LIGHT!). But going home was by far my best choice: Had a lot of time to do a lot of things and even see my mom before heading back to college (although I didn't want to)

Nicodrina

No comments: