Apologies it took a little longee. First spare time I have in a while, and I have a friggin' headache...
So, as I had mentioned on a previous post, I had my first 'serious' reporting when covering the municipal elections on sunday. Getting together on MSN to organize the whole thing was...let's just say it was pretty insane. Got up at 7AM, but guess that was too damn early. At first, we were gonna get together at 9, but one of the persons of my subject had to vote, so we ended up gathering at 11:15. During that whole timeframe, I kept an eye on TV coverage, waited forever for a bus to pass and killed time at a nearby park. Once we were all together, it was off to the site of the action! (...)
There were 9 voting places, and we had to go to two that were pretty nearby. Damn, it was hot outside (the previous day had an ugly weather), and after talking to the military in charge of the schools that doubled as voting places (they were for men) we were let inside to interview people: From representatives of the different political parties that were presenting candidates to the guys making line, waiting their turn. We took pictures, recorded audio and witnesses some minor incidents that altered the order (badly constituted tables, people sneaking in). The people was pretty much nice with us (except for a couple of cases...). In the second place, the stay was shorter because it was pretty much the same.
After that, we headed back to one of the houses to start writing the correspondent assignments (editorial and ambient description), but not before having hotdogs for lunch. LOL! So the TV was on with the TV coverage all the time to keep an eye if something happened in our place after tables closed and votes were being counted. We took turns in writing on the laptop and in throwing ideas.
In the end, we skipped going to another person's house to assemble the entire thing and sent it through email. People were very nice, but at first I felt awkward because they are all second year. But anyways, it was sent on time and managed to spend some quality time with my folks, eat something consistent and study a bit more before crasing in my bed
And now...just wait the results
Nicodrina
Ps: Will complement with a photo later, since they're in my camera and I'm not bringing it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment