12.27.2008

Nicodrina's Top 10 CDS of 08

NICODRINA'S TOP 10 CDS OF 2008

My music tastes are different from others, and this reflects on this countdown, where there's a bit of everything. and artists that have become part of my everyday
jukebox

Enjoy
Nicodrina

Bonus: Rosey - Luckiest Girl
I discovered this singer through this album, and she makes jazz sounds pretty sexy and sultry. Really a good one to keep an eye on :) . I recommend 'It's a ruse', 'Who am I' and 'Love'

10: Jem - Down to Earth








I fell in love with her debut CD, 'Finally Woken', but I think this one wasn't as good as the first, even though it has great songs like the title track, 'It's amazing' or 'On top of the world'


9: Tori Amos - American Doll Posse

This record was pretty cool with her taking different roles and there's different styles she tries. My personal favories are 'Teenage Hustling' and 'Girl Disappearing', and, in my humble opinion, this one and 'From the Choirgirl Hotel' are Tori's best.




8: Aimee Mann - @#%&*! Smilers






Since 'Magnolia' I fell in love with her music, and yet again she surprises in this album. Songs like 'Freeway' and '31 Today' show her talent for composition and music with content. But still...it ain't as good as 'Bachelor NÂș2'



7: Gotan Project - Live (2CDS)

The last one that made this list :). This puts together tracks from 'La Revancha del Tango' & 'Lunatico' live, plus a bonus on each CD with 'Santa Maria (del buen ayre)' & 'Diferente' (my favorite song by FAR!). It's also part of a limited edition kit 'Gotan Object', totally worth getting!



6: Adele - 19










I got to know her through Lipstick Jungle with the song 'Right as Rain', and the CD in general is pretty cool. She has a jazzy voice and sexy songs, like 'My sane'.

5: The Ting Tings - We Started Nothing

It was 'Great DJ' the one that caught my attention, and all I have to say about this duo is that they made pop cool again. The album is awesome from start to finish, full of energy to sing and dance :)









4: Bitter:Sweet - Drama


This L.A. duo has been by far one of my best discoveries with their debut album 'The Mating Game', and this year they released their second CD. It's sexier tunes and then some more! Ideal for a chillout and drinks, and already crossing my fingers for a third album soon







3: HoneyHoney - First Rodeo

Another good one from Ironworks. A breath of fresh air into music, combining styles and a very friendly female voice. Also, gotta say the 'Little Toy Gun' video was awesome, directed by yet another cool person (aka guyliner xD). Are you guys gonna release another record soon? Cause honestly...they got a big future ahead





2: The Killers - Day & Age


The band from Las Vegas is back after last year's 'Sawdust'. I don't have much to say, except Brandon Flowers & Co. do it again, mixing rock, pop and electronic into their own blend for everyone's taste. I'm a proud victim, so what?








1: Muse - H.A.A.R.P (CD/DVD)

...Also known as my christmas present. Guess I don't have to say anything here, though. The record talks by itself and shows the quality of this band live, going over classics and new tracks. I didn't go to their concert in july due to bigger circumstances, but oh, well...this muser gets her fix

No comments: