12.31.2008

2008 in Review


This year hasn't been either fully good or fully bad. Simply...it's been weird and with a lot of changes along the way.

Basically because the rules of the game changed. I graduated from school and after a lot of effort, I entered the career I wanted (journalism) in the university I wanted. At first it felt strange and not belonging there, but, looking back, I feel proud because the rest respects me and considers me a smart person, and that's really an ego boost. With this group I've learnt a lot, not only career-related contents, but about life and shared unforgettable moments, such as on-site reporting or field trips. I only hope that the bonds considerate and keep on learning more to be the coolest journalists in the country!

Other great things have happened along the way, that might not mean a lot to some people, but were awesome complements to these last 12 months. Buenos Aires captivated my heart again and made me want to go back over and over, my favorite band in the world (Muse) came to Chile, and even though I couldn't go, heard it live over the phone miles away from home, there was new CDs and bands that joined the soundtrack of my life, smells that go with my identity, the awesome experience of seeing Mr. K in a movie screen in 'Mirrors', having him make me happy with so little (think I said 'I fell in love' so many times!), the idiot box offered a lot of nice stuff and I've enjoyed writing more and more, with more stories and as the perfect reality escape :). I love what I do...and also that I put this little project in motion.

But not everything went according to the plan. On july I had an accident that really left some psychological scars in me, and almost kills me. It's not that, on a random day, you do your life and get hit by a car. This is what made me grow the most, cuz I started to see life in a whole new crystal. I let go of some things, and really started to appreciate my life and the amazing people that I've known. My family has been very supportive through everything that has happened, and I hope to close the chapter of my trial and all. And my friends?...Oh, well. They know they're my little angels, there for me to laugh and cry, have fun, listen and be in my life. It's been the greatest gift, and distance doesn't matter. My girls are the best friends in the planet!!!!! I love you!!
Now, with 5 hours left for the new year here, I wanna wish everyone a great 2009, full of love, happiness, health and great vibes :)
A big hug from here to my family, friends and readers
Nicodrina

No comments: