9.17.2009

Fast-paced News

Hi, world!

Now that I have some time free from my college duties, I will bore you with another post with just things that have happened in my life and interesting stuff. It's divided in different bits, and if I can't remember that...the brain's got a lot in it :)

Duty Calls

Well, college takes up most of my time, especially with the midterms in recent weeks (and post-national holidays). I've been doing a lot of reports, reporting, essays, reading and stuff and not die trying. After year and a half, one is used to the face the news world moves in, and you have to be ready for anything. Some things have been moved and others I've kicked ass! (Well...in the big majority of it). Even though the stress lives with me, and I'm running short of a good sleep and a life, I'm happy with my career.

Corrupted Youth

This takes me to my next point concerning my college mates. Social skills aren't my strong suit, but I feel much more integrated with them. I try to get along with everyone, and I already know with who I click better than the rest. Anyways...last week I was invited to a birthday party of one of my mates. At first I wasn't sure whether I went or not cuz of some issues regarding a business trip of my mom that would've left me stuck at home or not, but I ended up going.
The conclussion of the night? I think I give the rest the impression that I'm too good of a girl, and way too naive. So they tried to...corrupt me, so to speak. Encouraging me to drink more than one drink (that I wasn't a big fan of, anyways), and being the only person around a table that didn't smoke. I hung out with my college mates around that table all night, and even one of them (that was waaaaaaaaaaay too drunk)...fooled around with me (Not what you're thinking. But it's not publishable here). Overall, a fun night. And to add to it, I think I have another birthday party coming up. We'll see how that goes.
(Note to self: September is becoming a months with tons of bdays. Special mention to my friend Ale, who turned 20 last week. You rock, sis. I love you, and glad you liked my gift)

Leisure Highlights

In all the work against the clock, there has been little things that have cheered me up :). First and foremost, I got to watch Muse perform at the VMAs last weekend. Wow! I have nothing to say. Guess their performances speak for themselves :). Loved it! (Extra mention to Matt Bellamy, who looked so sexy!). Their CD 'The Resistance' came out this week as well. I haven't had the chance to sit down and give it a proper listen, but I will have a review as soon as that's done...And...the 'Uprising' video was out today. Spectacular!
But that hasn't been the only release or music discovery done recently. The other release I was waiting for was Pixie Lott's 'Turn it Up' CD. From the tracks my MP3 player has put in playlist, I can see this chick has a lot of talent and future ahead. (Note to self: Her song 'Mama Do' is a daily track for me. I'm crazy over that song. So cool, and love the clapping choreographic in the video). And in the discovery part, there's Melody Gardot. I had her song 'Worrisome Heart' on my library, so I decided to find out more about her music. The result? It won me over! It's jazz, classy and elegant ;)
And in this point, to close it...I've fell in love again with the argentinian version of 'Los Exitosos Pells' again. Been downloading the whole series again to burn it onto DVDs. Nothing beats the original version: Comedy, great acting and...Team Amigorena all the way! :)

Unsorted Business

And here is everything that doesn't fit the above categories...
Today I went to the mall to see clothes and just hang out, and in one of the department stores not only there was Rock n' Rose...but Rock n' Dreams! I asked a sample of both, and...Guess the smell of 'pleasure' explains why I love that perfume so much! Really hoping I can get it for my birthday.
Speaking of that, I have lost all interest of celebrating my 20 years. =/. So, forget it. I don't care, and I don't want even more disappointments when trying to plan something!
I went to the dentist too. First of 4 cleaning sessions. It hurt a little and still feel numb, but...there is NOTHING good music can't fix ;).
Yesterday we celebrated the national holidays at college. Pretty nice. Good weather, free food and traditional games, complemented with the company of friends. Kick off to short, but needed vacations.
And lastly...I sent out some submissions for the short story contest I've participated for the past two years. They say third time's the charm. Let's hope it comes true.

For now, I feel very tired. G'nite!
Nicodrina

No comments: