Only a few knew about this, but yesterday I had yet another appointment related to my accident (sadly, not the last). Here's what happened (apologies in advance if I sound bitchy)
6:45 AM. Already up and running. Quite a while since I've woken up so early. Shower, dressed and didn't have anything for breakfast (of course, I regret it later). All the documents needed in place, and it's off to the other side of Santiago in a combination of buses and subway. But it wasn't hard to get there, and the time...excellent. One hour ahead of time.
The Justice Center was a HUGE building, and took me quite a while to find the right building and courtroom. My purse was checked and had to get rid of a bottle. Since these audiences are public, my mom and I entered and we must've seen like 10-12 cases of scam, theft, sexual abuse and that kinda stuff. Time passed, and my audience was at 10. Others took a while and sometime between 11-11:20 it was my turn. Beforehand, I had spoken with my mom and the prosecutor about whether I wanted to participate in the process and things about what I had to say. Gotta admit I was nervous for those two hours or so. Sleepy, hungry and nervous. Great combo!
I never looked at the woman that's being accused of this accident cuz simply it makes my blood boil in rage and frustration. It was quite short, and all I had to do was identify myself and answer a few questions. Why this is part one? Cuz I have another hearing in the same place on February 3rd to discuss the chance of a settlement. If not, the process goes on :(. She flew as soon as this was over, and her lawyer approached us. Don't wanna discuss this much, but just a few things: a) What a jerk! b) They only wanna pay the medical expenses and c) When he asked me 'How you feeling?', I wanted nothing more than shout 'IF ONLY YOU KNEW, IDIOT!!'. But I was more concentrated on why there were so many journalists in the other courtroom.
After we left (never expect me to leave OK from these things. I was sad and pure pissed), I had to take yet more transportation to the other tip of Santiago with my mom: To college, to pick up some certificates I needed for the bank credit. One was pretty fast (but quite expensive), and the other took a lot longer. Well, they said they'd be ready that day... :roll: . Mom got to see the inside of campus while I did that, and found it pretty.
After that, we took another bus and split ways, since she had to go to work, and I went to deliver all the papers. So far, so good...up until there was a little something my dad had forgot. I wanted to kill him! This has to be done THIS WEEK SO I CAN TAKE MY CLASSES ON MONDAY! So from there, I made a fast stop at his place to pick it up, and I went to the mall and meet up with him there. It was done, and we had lunch together. By then, I could barely stay awake and I hadn't eaten any solid food. So I wasn't there for long.
On the road home I started feeling like crap and stopped at the first place that sold food and ate anything after HOURS (plus two bottles of pepsi) and I have no clue how I got home. Warm shower, clean clothes, more food and falling asleep very early (oh, and I recieved a letter from someone I really care about. Thank you! :D )
So that was it. A very insane day, but now I'm starting to catch up with all I've missed
Nicodrina
No comments:
Post a Comment