12.31.2009

2009 in Review



The Press Room
December 31st, 2009, 1:20 AM.

What does this year and decade leave me? That is the big question. It hasn't been a bad year, but neither the best.
I met some great people and lost others. I laughed and I cried. I got anxious, angry and disappointed too.
I have regrets, that for example I would've liked to travel and have more time to do a lot of things. I learnt that love is a disappointment, even if you take chances and step it up.
This was the year of changes, but for the better. I discovered new tastes, the usual crushes and even took the dust off some of them :) I closed cycles as other opened, and I learnt more about myself (that I am a magnet for the freak stuff. Can't help it, I'm a freak with big dreams).

Maybe this time I didn't want to express myself so much, but some of the things that happened were: My crush went down the drain, my grandma visited, my other grandma passed away, dad has a new apartment and mom's got a job she's happier in, the trial finished and I invested it in career tools, I voted for the first time, received surprises and disappointments alike and tried new things. And I was always with those that love me.

I turned another decade of life, and in less than 24 hours this decade will be history. And before I leave, I want to share what his decade has left:

* I learnt I have the best family, and the most awesome friends in the world. I love you all so much, and count on me for anything. I'm a commited person when I care for someone. The new ones and the classics...YOU'RE AWESOME!!

* I discovered I have the talent of writing. The best thing that could've happened. In 4 years I've done like 20 stories, I've met great people through this and I have a blast doing it. It has become a part of me

* I found out the hard way life is short and must be lived to the fullest. To dare to dream on what to do with it, and not be afraid to try or maybe crash & burn. You can always get back up :)

With that said, that's a wrap. New Year's Eve greetings later on
G'nite!
Nicodrina

No comments: