10.10.2009
The Euphoria (and new sensations)
As usual, I start to run behind whenever I think of updating this place...well, that is the life of a college student. So let's catch up, since this post was supposed to be written last weekend.
The topic of the week in this country was soccer and the fact we are going to the World Cup in South Africa next year. People celebrating everywhere (especially in Plaza Italia) and shouting 'goal', and most importantly...happier people. In a year of economic struggles, this kind of events is a win-win situation. More sales of sports-related things and people even dreaming of renting out a plane or make the coach a saint...
And I was a part of it. I wanted to go to Plaza Italia last saturday to celebrate, but couldn't go because there was no one to go with (and the only friend that went was a person that...well, he knows what he did). But the payback came on wednesday. I had an overnight stay at my dad's and watched Chile/Ecuador there. After a nice slice we headed out to see what was it like. To be honest, it was pretty surreal to see it there, live instead of in a TV screen. Lots of people celebrating, drinking, shouting. And as they say: If you can't fight 'em...join 'em! The strangest half hour ever, and returned after a short stroll across the (closed for the ocassion) Alameda avenue and seeing someone arrested by the cops (there was a lot of security, if I may say. And I totally regret not taking my camera and share images with you).
The day after, it was the day of new sensations and memories. Late waking up, and late breakfast as a place of arab pastry. Never tried any of those, but the one I tasted was actually pretty good. It had yoghurt and honey. Very sweet, and that complemented with juice and a VERY strong turkish coffee (I finally found the way to study up late!). Afterwards, after a lot of convincing, we had lunch at Sbarro (the only one in Santiago. Dude, nothing beats that pepperoni pizza!). But that's not all: In an antiaues market I found the Polaroid camera I wanted...functional. Maybe I'll treat myself to it for my birthday and the huge Ipod my dad critiques. He doesn't understand I have LOTS of files, but oh well... *rolls eyes*
And if things couldn't get any weirder that day...As I was in bed, writing an editorial for a college work it started raining! Rain and start of snow in october? WTF?
Friday I went to my school's anniversary celebration. Pretty boring, if I may say. But I simply enjoyed the chance that my mom had to go sell food and it became some sort of micro alumni summit. Around 10 of us hanging out and chatting :) (And I got to see the kitty too!!). Celebrations used to be cooler before, and am seriously evaluating going to another celebration in november (or so a newspaper informed).
Weekend was pretty chilled. Got to write a whole lot of updates and headed to a friend's baby shower. It was quite impressive to see her grown belly and everything. She's expecting a girl, and it was cool seeing her (and that my best friend surprisingly called me and that we went together).
So that's pretty much it in the personal field. Moving onto the academic one...
Nicodrina
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment