2.04.2009

My Day in the Justice Center - Pt2 and Final


Now that the shock of yesterday's events is gone, I can explain what happened

7:00AM. I got my extra 10 minutes of sleep. It's freezing outside and mom tells me to shut up cuz it's too damn early (and I'm thinking out loud). Dress up in a shirt and a white skirt and I eat something at breakfast. Totally learnt my lesson. My sister accompanies me, making me feel better as we talk and I get ready to go.

Again, the combination of the public transportation system (that's charging more now, but at least it was fast...and I saw my dad leaving for work when I passed by his place. A block away from there, I called him and said 'Saw you!'. LOL!) and just did time (BTW, no bottle issues this time). Tried to distract myself by humming songs or moving my head just to hear my neck crack. At a determined moment, the woman and her lawyer arrived and he asked that we go out for a chat (and I was sitted between him and my mom. AWKWARD!). The offered was raised a bit more (won't talk about money amounts. For that, you talk to me) and in 3 payments...

A couple of minutes to think about it, killing time while trying to access internet from my phone and our case was called. Lawyer and prosecutor did the job for us, because all I stated was my full name and whether I accepted. To be honest, the moment I said 'yes' I felt so damn...relieved and peaceful. There is a final audience on april, but it's not necessary that I go, only in the case that the payments haven't been done in time. IT'S OVER!!!

But that's not all: We all left together, and I had requested to talk to the woman because I wanted an apology for this. It was the first time I looked at her, and emotion was stronger than me...I let it out, all I felt and said all I wanted (Don't worry: I didn't kick her ass!) to then enter a state of 'shock' that my mom and the lawyer had to snap me out from. I simply couldn't believe it. She invited me to her house one day so that I could get to know her, and I'm open to it. That's the kinda thing that helps closure, and both sides left in separate ways.

The first person who found about this was my dad (a Kodak moment ruined by technology. The call kept on being interrupted!) and my mom was the one to hold me all this time, asking me what have I said (me no remembers) and just feeling as peaceful and relieved as me. I had the first payment in a check that day, so after I went with her to do some stuff, we went to see laptops at department stores. Nothing that I liked, so I'll keep on looking. I didn't want to think about what to do with the money, because basically...I want to take it easy and not feel pressured. So still it'll be a few days. Cashed the check in the bank (I had no idea how to. First time) and got home, spending the rest of the day talking to friends and relatives about it, reading, chatting and downloading "24" (that I'll watch after breakfast). Was gonna go take my sis to the doc's , but he canceled patients because of a surgery. Damn...

In the end, it was a long, emotional day that tired me out, and today I feel...better, more peaceful and happier, but still not believing it all. Will go out with my dad and do my first purchase: Promised my sis I'd buy her a book, so I have to do it and give back my mom some money that she lent me yesterday. From now on, I will keep a record of my expenses with that, so that the division I made of it between college and personal WORKS! :D

And last, but not least, I wanna thank you all for your concern and support because that is what kept me going at moments that I wanted to give up. My family and friends are the best that I could've asked for. A big HUG to you all. I feel really blessed.

Nicodrina


Ps: Pic has NOTHING to do with this. It was just a cool one

No comments: