4.18.2009

Midterms, classes, bad luck and Jack Bauer...


(the picture is just eye-candy. I LOVE IT)


Ok, doing a quick recap since I'm racing against the clock today...


I've been a little away because of midterms, but I think all the studying and stuff will actually pay off in good results. Every day I'm loving journalism more and more, and starting to fit in the group much better. There's still a few midterms to do, but I think I've learnt through the art of multitasking to split my time . So after a couple of weeks, it'll be back to normal pace ;)


The classes and Jack Bauer are closely related here. It's an anectdote. Why? In both political thinking and ethics they have mentioned '24' and Jack Bauer as examples of some stuff we're studying. In the first one, everyone seemed to give me a look like saying 'just for you, Nicole', and I had to stiffle my laughter. And the second time was like 'Could you stop making references to Bauer? You're making me blush'. Not only I learnt it, but I managed to daydream and discover the ethics professor and a classmate were fans of the show, which led to episodes discussion (especially episode 18. Still in shock!)


Bad luck started yesterday. Apart from presenting the radio show and bringing useful data for the second (about bullying), three people at random have to do some sort of PSA...and I got picked. Great . And today...it's those days again. Just the day of my best friend's birthday. Never in 15 years we have missed the other's birthday, but not THAT today. Damn it!


For now, I'm off to write and get ready for tonight

Nicodrina


No comments: